Mental Health Brief Intervention Service
We are a free primary mental health brief intervention service that offers counselling support to clients with mild to moderate mental health issues.
It is estimated that at any given time up to one in five of the population suffers from mild to moderate mental health problems.
Our staff/team consists of a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals. Each staff member has the clinical expertise to help you develop your ability to manage stress, regulate your emotions and develop coping skills.
The brief intervention service is confidential. We will not disclose information about you to a third party without your informed consent.
This service will help you with:
- Information, advice and support about healthy lifestyle;
- Education about mental illness and medications;
- Specific therapies to help you with problem-solving and different ways of thinking, feeling and behaving;
- Specific short-term counselling;
- Referral and liaison to other health or social service agencies;
- Cultural support is available on request.