Breastfeeding Workshop, Advanced Breastfeeding Skills to Enhance the Mother/Baby Bond
facilitated by Cheryl Ganly-Lewis
Cheryl is Midwife and Lactation Consultant who has developed a specialty skill with tongue ties and works with breastfeeding women in Wellington and Nationally. For more information about the work that Cheryl does please visit: http://www.naturalbreastfeeding.co.nz/
This workshop will include:
- How birthing affects breastfeeding.
- Normal newborn assessment: Head to toe, identifying asymmetries, breastfeeding strategies for the compromised infant.
- Infant oral anatomy.
- Impact of tongue/lip tie on the breastfeeding dyad.
- Breastfeeding management.
- Local management and referral systems.
- New Zealand Case Studies.
- Breastfeeding “hands off” workshop with local mothers.
The date for this workshop is Friday, August 12, 2016, 8.30-4:00pm at Nelson Bays Primary Health, 281 Queen Street, Richmond, Meeting Room 2, level 1.
Tea and coffee provided – cafes and bakeries in close walking distance for lunch. The workshop fee is $125 per person.
To register or any enquiries, please click below. Registrations close Thursday, June 30, 2016.