Child Matters and Community Networks Aotearoa are jointly delivering a nationwide roadshow providing presentations to volunteers and volunteering organisations.
This roadshow will provide education and information to those in the volunteering and community sectors to assist in understanding roles and responsibilities when engaging with children and provide access to resources to assist in developing safe child protection systems and environments.
When: Wednesday, 3rd May 2017, 1.30p-30
Where: Nelson, venue TBD
More information: communitynetworksaotearoa.org.nz
This free presentation is aimed at:
- Community sector organisations
- Community organisation Board members
- Introduction to the Vulnerable Children Act (2014) and how this impacts on volunteers and volunteering organisations
- Understand the role we play in keeping vulnerable children in their communities safe
- Provision of reference material to support the development of Child Protection Policies, safety checking and safe working practices
- Overview of child abuse in NZ
- The importance of organisational child protection policies and how to implement these to keep children, volunteers and community groups safe