5-Day Programme in Child Protection Studies
Become a Child Protection Champion!
The Child Protection Studies Programme is a nationally recognized, NZQA accredited programme providing specialist education in child protection. The content covered in the programme is comprehensive and practical, and is designed to enhance the skills of those who have a responsibility or role in the safety of children.
When: 19th-23rd June 2017, 9.00a-4.00p
Where: Blenheim, venue confirmed on enrolment
Cost: $650 + GST
More information: www.childmatters.org.nz
What will I learn?
Topics covered in this training include:
- Understanding the nature and causes of child abuse
- Understanding the effects and symptoms of child abuse
- Recognising child abuse
- What to do when child abuse is suspected, including how children are protected under NZ legislation
- Reporting child abuse
- Networks for protecting children, including a number of professional guest speakers from your community
- Supervision and care of self
Is this the right course for me?
The Child Protection Studies Programme is suitable for anyone who works with and/or cares about children including:
- Those who are new to the field and want to establish a sound, basic understanding of Child Protection
- Those who have a responsibility or role in the wellbeing and safety of children
- Managers and leaders responsible for policy development and the safety and wellbeing of their workers
Children rely on adults to keep them safe.