The Immunisation Facilitator's role is to ensure that immunisation services are delivered comprehensively and effectively across primary health care providers in the Nelson Bays region.
The role involves assisting primary health care providers to:
- Maximise immunisation coverage;
- Minimise vaccine wastage;
- Provide support in progress towards meeting the Ministry of Health targets;
- Promotion and education on immunisation throughout the Nelson Bays region;
- Assist with Cold Chain Accreditation processes;
- Provide clinical assessments to staff wanting to be Authorized Independent Vaccinators;
- Immunisation education facilitation e.g. Health Professionals Immunisation Forums held quarterly.
Nelson / Tasman currently has a high decliner rate with childhood immunisations. We are endeavoring to address this by encouraging the same key message across all forums. ‘Talk Immunisation’ is an education session addressing the messages we as health professionals give to our patients and their parents. We strongly encourage all health professionals who are having the Immunisation conversations, to attend this valuable education session. If you would like to attend the course please contact Nelson Bays Primary Health (NBPH).
This service will help you with:
- Promotion and Education around Immunisation for staff members.
- Assist pharmacies to gain accreditation to provide vaccinations.
- Offer support with training to all health providers.