Nelson Bays Primary Health (NBPH) promotes and supports quality community health services, with an emphasis on keeping people healthy.
Be Well for all people − Piki te ora o nga tangata katoa
Smoke Free Facilitator
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Smoke Free Health Promoter or Clinician looking for a change.
This is a part time 0.5 FTE (37.5hrs per fortnight) position
The Primary Health team is seeking an experienced Smoke Free Health Promoter or Clinician to provide leadership and support to NBPH practices in the area of smoking ABC.
You will be leading and managing the progress, and facilitation of the the Ministry of Health (MOH) better help for smokers to quit health target and will be responsible for ensuring that the ABC approach is integrated into the everyday practice of all NBPH general practices.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to diversify and enrich your experience as a health promotor and provide you with leadership and project management experience.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person with the following skills and attributes;
• An acknowledged and respected Clinician or Health Promotor with experience and interest in developing programmes that improve patient outcomes and contribute to the integration of services across the systems
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated results in leading, developing and facilitating programmes and engaging other health care professionals in delivering these
• An understanding of the general practice context, culture and its role as a provider in the wider healthcare system
• A well organised, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
• A good understanding of data and its application to improve the quality of healthcare delivery to patients
• Effective report writing, presentation and project management skills
• Qualification or experience in smoking cessation would be desirable but not essential
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for,
apply online today!
For further information, please contact Sarah Satherley,
Primary Health Manager, Ph 03 543 7803
To apply please complete the application form below and attach your CV and cover letter where instructed.
Applications for this role close 8am, Wednesday 28 February 2018