Teen Health Fest May 23 to 31 and June 1 to 2, 2016
The purpose of the Teen Health Fest is to offer free youth health clinics in the schools in the Nelson/Tasman region. The Teen Health Fest provides young people an opportunity to:
1. Ask questions from health professionals.
2. Gain confidence in accessing health care-increase their health literacy.
3. Access treatment/intervention as required.
4. Connect with health professionals in a youth friendly setting.
5. To reconnect young people with their GP and local health providers.
With over 50 volunteer staff to provide a clinical service for the young people and with various health promoters, The Truck and youth community services, the event was truly awesome!
Stats: 850 sausages and bread! Over 300 young people saw a GP, Nurse, Physio or Vision and hearing screener; 10 workshops in 3 schools with 500 participants and over 1200 young people accessing the health promotion team over 9 days!!