Primary Care Dietitians (Nutrition Service)
NBPH NZ registered Dietitians are available to work with individuals and small groups to identify and make dietary and behaviour changes to prevent and manage patients’ long term lifestyle related conditions.
Where possible, individuals are seen within their own General Practice.
The Dietitians work closely with the Green Prescription service and Health Promotion programmes to support people to increase their activity levels, change their eating habits and achieve their lifestyle goals.
This service will help with:
- Workforce development on specific nutrition and health related topics;
- Nutrition Case Reviews;
- Nutrition resources;
- Supporting your patients/clients with healthy eating and behaviour change;
- Planning nutrition education small group sessions for patients/clients;
- Delivery of Childhood Obesity programmes.
The dietitians are unable to work within education environments and aged residential care. For alternative options, please contact us to discuss.
This service also delivers EAT MOVE GROW: Growing Healthy Active Kids.
Eat Move Grow is a free, fun, whanau-based programme focusing on building healthy eating and physical activity habits for your pre-schooler and family
What does Eat Move Grow involve?
Eat Move Grow is a multi-week programme provided at community facilities around the Nelson-Tasman region by Nelson Bays Primary Health dietitians with support from local activity providers.
You'll learn more about
• Fussy eating and avoiding meal-time temper tantrums
• Healthy food choices for children and the whole whanau
• Being active as a family, including fun, everyday activities with your children
• Easy meal planning, shopping and food preparation
Who is it for?
Parents, grandparents or caregivers who have children aged between two years and starting school. Younger siblings are also welcome to attend.
Referral is via the CCC advanced form (for General Practice) or web-portal here: https://ecares.bewell.org.nz/
Contact: Tonia Talbot | Primary Care Dietitican. Tel: 03 543 7814, 0800 731 317 Email: email@example.com