Pain Service (Persistent Non-Malignant Pain)
For adults suffering from on-going pain
- Is based on well-established research which is used internationally to assist people like you with persistent pain;
- Pain management means assisting you to gain a greater understanding of your on-going pain, plus providing strategies and coping skills to enable you to manage your pain more effectively.
Our aim is to assist you with learning and discovering ways of being in control of your life despite pain, so you can move ahead with doing the things you want to do.
Your programme will include some of the following:
- Education on understanding pain mechanisms;
- Activity and exercise programme;
- Education on sleep management;
- Strategies for managing your thoughts and emotions that occur with pain;
- Activity planning, prioritising and pacing;
- Relaxation and deep breathing skills;
- Flare-up management and relapse prevention.
Interesting YouTube videos: